Paralegal Certification Scholarship
The Vermont Paralegal Organization (“VPO”) will strive to annually award a Paralegal Certification Scholarship.
Applications for the VPO Paralegal Certification Scholarship will be accepted on a quarterly rolling basis.
If no applications are received within any quarter, applications received during the next quarter will be considered for award of the scholarship.
Once the scholarship is awarded within a calendar year, applications will then only be considered in the following calendar year.
One scholarship will be awarded annually in the amount of $250.
The criteria for this scholarship are:
1. Applicants must be a member of the VPO.
2. Applicants must be eligible, meeting educational and experience requirements for the Paralegal Advance Competency Exam® (PACE®) or the Paralegal CORE Competency Exam™ (PCCE™), at the time of the application. Applicants are encouraged to confirm their eligibility with NFPA prior to application for the VPO scholarship.
3. Applicants will be required to submit a written application.
4. The scholarship recipient will have one (1) year to utilize this scholarship and complete the process of taking the exam.
5. Failure to utilize this scholarship within one (1) year from date of award will forfeit all rights to this scholarship.
6. In the event the scholarship award winner does not either (a) use the scholarship within the one (1) year time frame for any reason, or (b) does not notify the Paralegal Certification Ambassador within nine (9) months of receiving the scholarship of the inability to use the scholarship for any reason, that person shall be ineligible to reapply for the award for a period of two (2) years following the passing of the one (1) year allotted to take the exam.
7. All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient for reimbursement of funds paid to NFPA or associated exam review course providers upon submission to the Paralegal Certification Scholarship Committee or Ambassador of proof of payment by the scholarship recipient.
8. Scholarship proceeds may be used to pay for the Study Manual, Applicant’s Handbook and Application, examination fee, and/or online review courses.
9. All scholarship proceeds not used by the scholarship recipient within the one (1) year from date of award MAY be available for reallocation to another VPO Paralegal Certification Scholarship applicant.
10. Considerations in the selection process include:
11. One applicant will be selected annually based on a majority vote of the Paralegal Certification Scholarship Selection Committee.
Applications must be submitted to the VPO Paralegal Certification Ambassador by the deadline dates above noted. A decision on granting the scholarship will be made within 15 days following the quarterly deadline in which the application was received. When a scholarship is awarded, notification to the membership will be made on either the VPO website, Facebook page, members' discussion forum, and/or in the VPO newsletter, or any combination thereof.
The application is available below or through the VPO Paralegal Certification Ambassador.
Download the VPO Paralegal Certification Scholarship Application